There are many caring individuals in the community who make a difference
by volunteering their valuable time to St. Mary's General Hospital.
Volunteering at St. Mary's General offers the opportunity to learn
new skills, develop interests, and ultimately help those in need.
We are so excited you're interested in volunteering with us. To maintain
the quality of our program, our volunteers must meet the following minimum
- Dedicate a minimum of 6 months or 100 hours of volunteer service
- Commit to at least one shift per week for the same day, time and length
(usually 4 hours); shifts may be shorter for Integrative Healing volunteers
- The minimum commitment is to work 4 hours a week in any assignment. The
maximum hours per week a volunteer can work is 20. The exact schedule
must be agreed upon between you and your supervisor/ preceptor.
- Attend a 3-hour volunteer information session and participate in ongoing training
- Complete a health screening including annual TB testing
- Complete a criminal background screening (Adults Only)
Due to the high volume of volunteer applications that we receive, we are
unable to grant service hours to every applicant. After careful consideration, each applicant is selected based on both
experience and placement opportunities/availability.
Because of this, please understand that not all applicants will be selected
and/or contacted to volunteer. If your application is selected, you will be contacted and invited for
an informational session/ interview. Those invited to join our team as
a volunteer will be required to submit a completed health screening and
background check authorization (18 years and older) before your volunteer
To complete your application, please click on the following link:
Once your application is approved, applicants must bring the completed
below forms with them when attending their formal interview: